Often when I am training and asked about nutrition I am often asked What is pH Balance?Years ago before I knew what pH Balance was, I just thought it was some crap that shampoo makers made up when they were showing some chick throw her hair around on TV. When I started to really get into health back when I was damn near homeless living in Japan, I started to study what pH, or potential of Hydrogen, was and how it is used to prevent disease, obesity and health problems.
What is pH Balance
Charles Lloyd is made up of about 70% water. The remaining 30% of Charles Lloyd is made of pure awesome and epic-ness.
Potential of hydrogen (pH) measures the amount of acidity or alkalinity of Charles Lloyd or the hydrogen-ion of Charles Lloyd.
The more alkaline the body is the higher the pH. The lower the pH the more acidic the body is. The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14. For the math majors out there, 7.0 is the middle (median) or what is called neutral. Above 7.0 is alkaline, below 7.0 is acidic. We strive and have a healthy body at slightly alkaline or close to 7.4. If the pH changes to over 7.8 (static) or less than 6.8(static) you die, end of story do not pass go, do not collect $200.
Diets that are high in acidic foods like Beef, Pork, Veal, Shellfish, canned tuna, sardines, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, coffee, black tea all lead to an acidic body.
What is pH Balance
An acidic body is susceptible to disease and health problems. Check out this chart for a visual of what i’m talking about.
A body that is optimal at 7.4 and in good health, free of disease, and is able to exercise, fight disease and read www.charleslloydfitness.com on a regular basis.
Testing your pH is simple and will alert you of any problems you may have that you don’t know about. You can get pH test strips from any pharmacy and do a urine test or saliva/spit test. I know a couple of you women are used to peeing on paper.
If you do a urine sample it should be between 6.0 and 6.5 in the morning and between 6.5 and 7.0 at night – this is normal. If you do a saliva test, then you should be between 6.5 and 7.5. The best time to do this test is 1 hour before you eat. Thanks for looking at What is pH Balance.
13 replies to "What is pH Balance, Shampoo, Disease or Health?"